PST file is the main component of Outlook and it stores all the data including email. However this file is delicate in nature and easily get corrupted or damaged if not handled properly. There are several reason behind damage or corruption of PST file and one of them is malware attack. There are many malicious program known as malware which is available on Internet and they can easily attack any Windows system if there is lack of security. Once system get infected by malware, all its application including Outlook and PST file also get infected and become inaccessible.
Other Reason Behind Corrupt Outlook PST Files
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook settings
- Synchronization error with the Exchange Server
- Interruption while migrating Outlook to another version
- Creation of bad sector on hard drive of system
However Outlook provides inbuilt utility known as Scanpst.exe to repair PST file but unfortunately it will not work when the file is badly damaged or corrupted. But don't worry because you can repair PST files after malware attack using a third party application. PST repair software is such an application which is capable to repair badly corrupted, damaged or broken PST file after malware attack or any other reason. The read only feature of this software ensure no changes made to file during repairing process.
infections responsible for repair PST files after malware attack
|Adware||Adware.Complitly, EnhanceMySearch, WhenU.A, Syscm, Suggestor.o, Adware.Purityscan, INetSpeak.eBoom, Adware.IMNames, bSaving|
|Browser Hijacker||Security-pc2012.com, Ninjaa.info, ScanQuery, Search-daily.com, Malwareurlirblock.com, UniversalTB, Accurately-locate.com|
|Ransomware||.exploit File Extension Ransomware, LockLock Ransomware, CryptoJoker Ransomware, Cryptorium Ransomware, Anatel Ransomware, Zerolocker Ransomware, KoKo Locker Ransomware, WinRarer Ransomware, ODCODC Ransomware, Red Alert Ransomware, [email protected] Ransomware|
|Trojan||Trojan.Downloader.Dofoil.gen!B, VirtuMundo, Ransom.BE78, CeeInject.gen!AA, Trojan-Downloader.Apher, I-Worm.Atirus, Generic.dx!sve, Malware.Fiala, Trojan.Tobfy.H, Ragnarok|
|Spyware||SpyWarp, WebMail Spy, Surfcomp, C-Center, Adware.Extratoolbar, Jucheck.exe, SysSafe, WinAntivirusPro|
Are you getting Problem like repair PST files after malware attack regarding your pst file
If you are facing issues like repair PST files after malware attack, then your pst is corrupt or damaged. You need to repair your corrupt/damaged pst to recover all your email, attachments, content, journals, notes, task and calendar from it. Problem like repair PST files after malware attack can create your important emails to get corrupted or lost, so you need to be careful while using your email service. PST is a database storage of Microsoft outlook email client which is widely used all over the world. It is highly popular and sometimes generated errors like repair PST files after malware attack which needs to be look at carefully to prevent email corruption or damage. If you are facing similar problem like repair PST files after malware attack then you should know what are the main reasons for cause of the problem which is making your PST corrupt.
Main reasons which are responsible for repair PST files after malware attack Problem in PST file
These are the main reasons which are behind damaging and corrupting your PST file and generation repair PST files after malware attack problem. You should look at these factors which are responsible for your corruption of your PST file and try to avoid these circumstances to be safe in future. This guide will give you a brief overview about various issues related to cause of unexpected Outlook non functioning. Take a closer look and be safe from occurrence of repair PST files after malware attack Issue.
There are times when your hardware fails to store or transfer data of your PST file, this leads to PST file corruption and email loss. More or less this will also generate the problem like repair PST files after malware attack. Hardware failure is mainly of 3 types:
Failure of Data Storage device :
There are times when your hard disk have bad sectors and by chance your pst files are stored on that bad sectors then you start getting the error like repair PST files after malware attack. It will be nearly impossible to read your email pst data from bad sectors thus resulting in corrupt pst file.
Network Device Failure:
In business houses there are chances that your PST file resides on network server and you try to access it from there via your client computer. There are chances that there is some error in network hardware like routers, cards, hubs or other errors which can cause your pst file to get damaged and corrupt. More likely you will get to have error such as repair PST files after malware attack
Unexpected Power Failure:
While you are working on your email client and accessing your PST file and there is sudden power failure then this can also cause your PST to get corrupt.
These are the main three hardware reasons which are responsible for causing repair PST files after malware attack problem. But if you take some precautionary measures then this can be avoided. Measures like Get the best UPS for power failure. Use best and reliable network hardware to minimize network error. Always check for bad sectors and repair it. These can minimize your chances of PST file corruption.
There are software issues also which results in PST damage. We will discuss in detail about the various software issues which leads to repair PST files after malware attack Problem. If you note it in your mind then you can surely avoid these issues:
File system Recovery Error:
There are times when your system files get corrupted and you try to recover them by data recovery software or some data recovery services. This kind of data recovery software can cause your PST files to get corrupted or damaged.
The reason behind corruption are:
- Your file system error also causes error to PST files which are not recovered by data recovery software causing error like repair PST files after malware attack and corrupting your pst data.
- They are data recovery software or service and not expertise in recovering lost pst files. So in result they knowingly or un knowingly make the situation worse regarding pst files.
So if you have a data loss then you should use pst recover software or service to avoid the problems like repair PST files after malware attack resulting in pst file corruption.
Virus Attack: Viruses are capable of corrupting your pst files or making them inaccessible. Downloading files from untrusted sources or using pen drives without checking can cause virus to corrupt your pst and result in repair PST files after malware attack error with data loss.
Closing Outlook unexpectedly: It is always advisable to save your files and close your outlook by exit or close button. You should never close outlook unexpectedly or abnormally, it will cause your pst files to get corrupt and inaccessible. This can also cause in problem like repair PST files after malware attack
2GB pst size error: Initially it was never thought that people will be using outlook as primary email client and its database will be more than 2 GB . It was programmed to store 2GB of data initially but as use grew data storage too grew and PST started corrupting when size was more than 2GB. But this can be solved by some fixes and manual methods.
These are the main reasons of pst file corruption. You can avoid both hardware as well as software problem to be safe from repair PST files after malware attack issue. But if you are facing repair PST files after malware attack then what are the general symptoms which will tell you that you need to act to save your pst file. We will now discuss the various symptoms which will let you know that your outloook is giving problem and you need to look into it. These are the general symptoms:
Various Symptoms which repair PST files after malware attack problem can cause in your Outlook
- Error display like zzz.pst is not a personal folders file
- As one or more parameters are not valid so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- As original was either moved or deleted or access was denied so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- As it was already moved or deleted or access was denied so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- File ZZZ.pst cannot be found
- File zzz.pst could not be accessed, unable to display folder.
- 0x80040116 error: zzz.pst is not accessible.
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Cyclic redundancy check error: File zzz.pst could not be accessed.
- File zzz.pst cannot be opened. cannot expand the folder. The set of the folders can not be opened
- There are errors in zzz.pst file. You need to quit outlook and user Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair files for error.
All these symptoms tell you that you are having pst problem due to repair PST files after malware attack issue and you need to act before it’s too late.
what measures or precaution you can take to avoid repair PST files after malware attack error & corruption of PST file
Here we are discussing the precautionary measures which will help you to avoid getting repair PST files after malware attack problem and stop you from corruption or damage or your PST file. Follow these measures to keep your outlook email client safe:
- Keep Safe limit for Outlook PST file: As we know Outlook 2003 and 2007 support 20GB files and Outlook 2010, 3013, and 2016 supports 50 GB files but we should not load pst files beyond 10 GB. This will prevent your pst file from
- Distribute the email load: From outlook 2003 and above there is a feature to create numerous PST files. So you should create various pst files and transfer emails in each of them accordingly to keep the size low of each pst file. This will help to keep your pst healthy.
- Under 2GB for PST 2002: Keep your PST file for outlook 2002 under 2 GB, it will stop it from getting corrupted and causing repair PST files after malware attack error.
- Don’t close abnormally: Never close outlook abnormally, it will cause pst files corruption.
- Avoid storing on server: Avoid storing PST file on server instead store it on local computer. IT will avoid your PST file from getting corrupt.
- Be cautious of Virus attack: Get a good antivirus installed to avoid your pst from getting corrupt.
If you follow these simple steps then you can keep your pst files healthy and you will not be bothered by repair PST files after malware attack error.
Now there are all chances that following all the precautionary measures also cannot save you sometime and you are getting repair PST files after malware attack problem in your outlook email client and you are facing pst file corruption and damage. So you need to know the manual step through which you can repair your corrupt pst files:
There is a tool as Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which is provided by Microsoft to fix corrupt PST problems. But in most cases it does not work. IF problem like repair PST files after malware attack occurs Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) should work but it is not always successful. There are limitations of scanpst.exe tool and you need to know the limitations, which are as follows:
- It can only repair Basic header corruption: this free inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) is only designed to repair the minor corruption like header issues and cant repair the whole broken file. Therefore it is considered inefficient on Outlook issues.
- It collapses in case of oversize files: if there is an oversize PST file, scanpst.exe collapses as repairing oversize file is beyond its capability and thus result in various errors which results in not solving repair PST files after malware attack problem.
- It shows no error while Outlook complains: It fails to scan errors most of the time and thus reports no error in the PST file, but Outlook keeps complaining.
- It loses few data while recovery : It cannot recover the complete data as it loses some part of the data while recovery. It is unable to keep data intact while complicated process of data recovery. It is not a trustworthy tool and you cannot trust it to solve your repair PST files after malware attack problem and error.
NOTE : So it will not be easy for you to use inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) for you to solve repair PST files after malware attack problem. You will need professional PST Repair software to deal with repair PST files after malware attack Problem and repair your corrupt/damaged pst files. We will now discussing the various features and benefits of PST Repair software for you.
Outlook PST Repair Tool/software is a brilliant third party tool which can deal with any Outlook related issue and fix repair PST files after malware attack error including all other corruption and associated issues. Discussed below are some distinguished features of the this excellent tool:
- It can repair all broken PST files and emails irrespective of severity level
- It also recovers additional Outlook items like contacts, calendars, tasks and journals etc. solving your repair PST files after malware attack error.
- It can recover even password protected data
- It also retrieves even accidentally deleted files
- It restores all the data in its original state
- It offers to store data in desired location
- It provides an option to save the data in HTML format
- It can split files to recover oversize PST files
- It has an self descriptive and interactive user interface
- It is an easy-to-use tool which can be run by a novice
- It comes with a free demo version which can test that your repair PST files after malware attack is solved.
- Compatible with all Windows editions – Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, 7 and latest Windows 8
- Supports all Outlook platforms – Outlook 2016,2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 etc
- TECH VERSION Exports repaired PST file in Office 365 format
How Outlook PST Repair Software works to get rid of repair PST files after malware attack problem
Outlook PST Repair Software is a very strong tool as it can even retrieve the password protected files as well as accidentally deleted files. A team of expert and adept software developers have designed this tool with robust algorithms and modern techniques to solve repair PST files after malware attack problem at any level. At the same time, it has a self explanatory interface which makes it a simple tool which can be operated by a novice too. Moreover, it is compatible with all Windows as well as all Outlook platforms too. And, if you want to judge its efficiency you can try its free demo version. This demo version will repair all the broken files, fix repair PST files after malware attack errors and recover them of most severe form of corruption. Thence-after, it will generate a preview of the recovered files with all details. But it does not comes with an option to save the files. In order to save the repaired and recovered files, you need to purchase the license keys of the software. With this, Outlook repair PST files after malware attack error gets resolved and the files are restored back for usage as desired.
Conclusion: So now you have all the methods and tricks to recover you corrupted/damaged PST files. If you are facing repair PST files after malware attack error then, now you can use PST Repair software and get back your data.
User Guide to Run PST Repair Software to get Rid of repair PST files after malware attack Problem
Step 1:Download and Install Outlook Repair Tool by using the installation wizard. Next, launch the software
Step 2: Click on the ‘Select Outlook File’ button to browse for the damaged or corrupt PST file that you want to repair and recovery. Now, click on Start button to initiate the scan process of the file.
Step 3:You can see the status of the scan in the progress bar in the bottom of the interface of the software. There is a STOP button as well. You can click on the same to stop the scan whenever you want
Step 4:The scanning will not take more than few minutes as it has great scanning methods that do scanning faster but complete. Soon after the scanning is over, you will see a list of recoverable items in the left pane of the interface. Click any to see the preview of the same
Step 5:Now, choose the items in the left navigation pane and specify a directory or destination to save the recovered items. Click on Save Recovered file button on the top of the window followed by the OK button in order to do this
Step 6: Let the software save all the files chosen in the previous step. Now click on Recover button for the recovery process to start
Step 7: Last but not the least, tool will show you recovery status and information about the destination path along with total file size of the recovered items.
Step 8: Files are now saved on desired destination.
By using this automatic software and easy user guide you can get your solution for repair PST files after malware attack. Get your lost pst data back with these simple steps.