Get Familiar With OST File
OST file stands for Offline Storage Table. It is a file format used by all Outlook version including Outlook 2010 to store data in mailbox of Outlook. It comes with several excellent features but there are some situation where you will get error message like "Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File". Behind the corruption of OST file, there are numerous reasons responsible but some of them are :
- File system corruption
- Incompatible MS Outlook add-ins
- Accidental deletion of the Exchange mailbox
- Storage limitations
- Incorrect file system recovery
- Inefficient synchronization and many more.
But the good news is that there is an appropriate solution through which user can easily fix "Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File" error message.
Instructions For Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File
Solution 1 : Create Your OST File Again
- Go to Control Panel > Mail.
- To modify the current profile name, click on the 'Show Profiles' option in the box of Mail set-up.
- Choose your profile name and click on the Properties.
- After that click on the 'E-mail Accounts' button and then after go to Account Settings.
- Now, click on the Data Files tab and choose file path.
- From MS Outlook data files, choose Open File location.
- Now, close the Account Settings and Mail Set-up box by clicking on the cross button.
- Go to file explorer and delete the corrupt OST file by right-clicking on it.
Solution 2 : Clear Offline Data Within OST File & Recreate It
- First of all, you must locate OST file on your PC.
- After that right-click on the folder that includes OST file then you have to choose Properties option.
- Now, a dialog box will be appear on your screen. Select the option of Clear Offline items and then after click on OK button.
- Now, you have to launch your MS Outlook and then after click on Send/Receive tab. Lastly click on Update folder.
Solution 3 : Fix Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Using ScanPST.exe
- Open Windows Explorer. In the search box, type scanpst.exe and press on Enter key.
- Now your PC start to locate Inbox Repair Tool. Once ScanPST.exe is recognized, click on the option of Run as Administrator.
- If the dialog box of user account control is appeared on your screen, click on Yes button.
- Now, enter the name of your corrupt OST file. Alternatively, you can use Browse button to select your preferable one.
- After that click on Start button to begin scanning procedure.
- Now, ScanPST.exe will let you know whether your OST file is corrupt or not. If yes, click on Repair button to initiate Repair process.
Important Note : With the help of aforementioned solution you will definitely fix 'Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File' but if your OST file get damaged due to major corruption issue then you must try an automated tool named Outlook PST Repair Tool. To get familiar with automated tool, read the below described content completely.
know about various infections causing Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem
|Adware||CmdService, Mostofate.dp, Adware.WinPump, Transponder, OneToolbar, Syscm, WebBar, CashBar, CDT|
|Browser Hijacker||Delta-homes.com, SmartAddressBar.com, Qone8.com, Wuulo.com, Websearch.greatresults.info, Dosearches.com, SafetyAlertings.com, Aim-search.net, Mystart.smilebox.com, Coolwebsearch.info|
|Ransomware||Ai88 Ransomware, Se bloquea el proveedor de servicios de Internet Ransomware, [email protected] Ransomware, JackPot Ransomware, [email protected] Ransomware, VaultCrypt, Alpha Crypt, DirtyDecrypt, CryptPKO Ransomware|
|Trojan||Trojan.Potao.A, VirTool:MSIL/Injector.gen!B, Spy Falcon, Zlob.J, Spy.BZub.bm, Xploiter Trojan, Tibs.IG, LammerBuster Trojan, Scar.B, VirTool:Win32/VBInject.II|
|Spyware||Winpcdefender09.com, Trojan-Spy.Win32.Dibik.eic, Qvdntlmw Toolbar, EasySprinter, TAFbar, XP Cleaner, SystemChecker, VMCleaner, Kidda|
Are you getting Problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File regarding your pst file
If you are facing issues like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File, then your pst is corrupt or damaged. You need to repair your corrupt/damaged pst to recover all your email, attachments, content, journals, notes, task and calendar from it. Problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File can create your important emails to get corrupted or lost, so you need to be careful while using your email service. PST is a database storage of Microsoft outlook email client which is widely used all over the world. It is highly popular and sometimes generated errors like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File which needs to be look at carefully to prevent email corruption or damage. If you are facing similar problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File then you should know what are the main reasons for cause of the problem which is making your PST corrupt.
Main reasons which are responsible for Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Problem in PST file
These are the main reasons which are behind damaging and corrupting your PST file and generation Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem. You should look at these factors which are responsible for your corruption of your PST file and try to avoid these circumstances to be safe in future. This guide will give you a brief overview about various issues related to cause of unexpected Outlook non functioning. Take a closer look and be safe from occurrence of Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Issue.
There are times when your hardware fails to store or transfer data of your PST file, this leads to PST file corruption and email loss. More or less this will also generate the problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File. Hardware failure is mainly of 3 types:
Failure of Data Storage device :
There are times when your hard disk have bad sectors and by chance your pst files are stored on that bad sectors then you start getting the error like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File. It will be nearly impossible to read your email pst data from bad sectors thus resulting in corrupt pst file.
Network Device Failure:
In business houses there are chances that your PST file resides on network server and you try to access it from there via your client computer. There are chances that there is some error in network hardware like routers, cards, hubs or other errors which can cause your pst file to get damaged and corrupt. More likely you will get to have error such as Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File
Unexpected Power Failure:
While you are working on your email client and accessing your PST file and there is sudden power failure then this can also cause your PST to get corrupt.
These are the main three hardware reasons which are responsible for causing Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem. But if you take some precautionary measures then this can be avoided. Measures like Get the best UPS for power failure. Use best and reliable network hardware to minimize network error. Always check for bad sectors and repair it. These can minimize your chances of PST file corruption.
There are software issues also which results in PST damage. We will discuss in detail about the various software issues which leads to Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Problem. If you note it in your mind then you can surely avoid these issues:
File system Recovery Error:
There are times when your system files get corrupted and you try to recover them by data recovery software or some data recovery services. This kind of data recovery software can cause your PST files to get corrupted or damaged.
The reason behind corruption are:
- Your file system error also causes error to PST files which are not recovered by data recovery software causing error like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File and corrupting your pst data.
- They are data recovery software or service and not expertise in recovering lost pst files. So in result they knowingly or un knowingly make the situation worse regarding pst files.
So if you have a data loss then you should use pst recover software or service to avoid the problems like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File resulting in pst file corruption.
Virus Attack: Viruses are capable of corrupting your pst files or making them inaccessible. Downloading files from untrusted sources or using pen drives without checking can cause virus to corrupt your pst and result in Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error with data loss.
Closing Outlook unexpectedly: It is always advisable to save your files and close your outlook by exit or close button. You should never close outlook unexpectedly or abnormally, it will cause your pst files to get corrupt and inaccessible. This can also cause in problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File
2GB pst size error: Initially it was never thought that people will be using outlook as primary email client and its database will be more than 2 GB . It was programmed to store 2GB of data initially but as use grew data storage too grew and PST started corrupting when size was more than 2GB. But this can be solved by some fixes and manual methods.
These are the main reasons of pst file corruption. You can avoid both hardware as well as software problem to be safe from Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File issue. But if you are facing Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File then what are the general symptoms which will tell you that you need to act to save your pst file. We will now discuss the various symptoms which will let you know that your outloook is giving problem and you need to look into it. These are the general symptoms:
Various Symptoms which Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem can cause in your Outlook
- Error display like zzz.pst is not a personal folders file
- As one or more parameters are not valid so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- As original was either moved or deleted or access was denied so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- As it was already moved or deleted or access was denied so can’t move items or could not complete operation.
- File ZZZ.pst cannot be found
- File zzz.pst could not be accessed, unable to display folder.
- 0x80040116 error: zzz.pst is not accessible.
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Cyclic redundancy check error: File zzz.pst could not be accessed.
- File zzz.pst cannot be opened. cannot expand the folder. The set of the folders can not be opened
- There are errors in zzz.pst file. You need to quit outlook and user Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair files for error.
All these symptoms tell you that you are having pst problem due to Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File issue and you need to act before it’s too late.
what measures or precaution you can take to avoid Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error & corruption of PST file
Here we are discussing the precautionary measures which will help you to avoid getting Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem and stop you from corruption or damage or your PST file. Follow these measures to keep your outlook email client safe:
- Keep Safe limit for Outlook PST file: As we know Outlook 2003 and 2007 support 20GB files and Outlook 2010, 3013, and 2016 supports 50 GB files but we should not load pst files beyond 10 GB. This will prevent your pst file from
- Distribute the email load: From outlook 2003 and above there is a feature to create numerous PST files. So you should create various pst files and transfer emails in each of them accordingly to keep the size low of each pst file. This will help to keep your pst healthy.
- Under 2GB for PST 2002: Keep your PST file for outlook 2002 under 2 GB, it will stop it from getting corrupted and causing Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error.
- Don’t close abnormally: Never close outlook abnormally, it will cause pst files corruption.
- Avoid storing on server: Avoid storing PST file on server instead store it on local computer. IT will avoid your PST file from getting corrupt.
- Be cautious of Virus attack: Get a good antivirus installed to avoid your pst from getting corrupt.
If you follow these simple steps then you can keep your pst files healthy and you will not be bothered by Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error.
Now there are all chances that following all the precautionary measures also cannot save you sometime and you are getting Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem in your outlook email client and you are facing pst file corruption and damage. So you need to know the manual step through which you can repair your corrupt pst files:
There is a tool as Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which is provided by Microsoft to fix corrupt PST problems. But in most cases it does not work. IF problem like Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File occurs Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) should work but it is not always successful. There are limitations of scanpst.exe tool and you need to know the limitations, which are as follows:
- It can only repair Basic header corruption: this free inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) is only designed to repair the minor corruption like header issues and cant repair the whole broken file. Therefore it is considered inefficient on Outlook issues.
- It collapses in case of oversize files: if there is an oversize PST file, scanpst.exe collapses as repairing oversize file is beyond its capability and thus result in various errors which results in not solving Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem.
- It shows no error while Outlook complains: It fails to scan errors most of the time and thus reports no error in the PST file, but Outlook keeps complaining.
- It loses few data while recovery : It cannot recover the complete data as it loses some part of the data while recovery. It is unable to keep data intact while complicated process of data recovery. It is not a trustworthy tool and you cannot trust it to solve your Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem and error.
NOTE : So it will not be easy for you to use inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) for you to solve Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem. You will need professional PST Repair software to deal with Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Problem and repair your corrupt/damaged pst files. We will now discussing the various features and benefits of PST Repair software for you.
Outlook PST Repair Tool/software is a brilliant third party tool which can deal with any Outlook related issue and fix Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error including all other corruption and associated issues. Discussed below are some distinguished features of the this excellent tool:
- It can repair all broken PST files and emails irrespective of severity level
- It also recovers additional Outlook items like contacts, calendars, tasks and journals etc. solving your Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error.
- It can recover even password protected data
- It also retrieves even accidentally deleted files
- It restores all the data in its original state
- It offers to store data in desired location
- It provides an option to save the data in HTML format
- It can split files to recover oversize PST files
- It has an self descriptive and interactive user interface
- It is an easy-to-use tool which can be run by a novice
- It comes with a free demo version which can test that your Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File is solved.
- Compatible with all Windows editions – Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, 7 and latest Windows 8
- Supports all Outlook platforms – Outlook 2016,2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 etc
- TECH VERSION Exports repaired PST file in Office 365 format
How Outlook PST Repair Software works to get rid of Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem
Outlook PST Repair Software is a very strong tool as it can even retrieve the password protected files as well as accidentally deleted files. A team of expert and adept software developers have designed this tool with robust algorithms and modern techniques to solve Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File problem at any level. At the same time, it has a self explanatory interface which makes it a simple tool which can be operated by a novice too. Moreover, it is compatible with all Windows as well as all Outlook platforms too. And, if you want to judge its efficiency you can try its free demo version. This demo version will repair all the broken files, fix Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File errors and recover them of most severe form of corruption. Thence-after, it will generate a preview of the recovered files with all details. But it does not comes with an option to save the files. In order to save the repaired and recovered files, you need to purchase the license keys of the software. With this, Outlook Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error gets resolved and the files are restored back for usage as desired.
Conclusion: So now you have all the methods and tricks to recover you corrupted/damaged PST files. If you are facing Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File error then, now you can use PST Repair software and get back your data.
User Guide to Run PST Repair Software to get Rid of Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File Problem
Step 1:Download and Install Outlook Repair Tool by using the installation wizard. Next, launch the software
Step 2: Click on the ‘Select Outlook File’ button to browse for the damaged or corrupt PST file that you want to repair and recovery. Now, click on Start button to initiate the scan process of the file.
Step 3:You can see the status of the scan in the progress bar in the bottom of the interface of the software. There is a STOP button as well. You can click on the same to stop the scan whenever you want
Step 4:The scanning will not take more than few minutes as it has great scanning methods that do scanning faster but complete. Soon after the scanning is over, you will see a list of recoverable items in the left pane of the interface. Click any to see the preview of the same
Step 5:Now, choose the items in the left navigation pane and specify a directory or destination to save the recovered items. Click on Save Recovered file button on the top of the window followed by the OK button in order to do this
Step 6: Let the software save all the files chosen in the previous step. Now click on Recover button for the recovery process to start
Step 7: Last but not the least, tool will show you recovery status and information about the destination path along with total file size of the recovered items.
Step 8: Files are now saved on desired destination.
By using this automatic software and easy user guide you can get your solution for Fixing Outlook 2010 Errors Detected in OST File. Get your lost pst data back with these simple steps.